Looking for a How-to possibly.

Psywar

Hey ya'll,

I am looking for a how-to: But I am not sure what I am looking for to be honest.

I will tell/show you what I am trying to do, and if anyone can point me in the right direction that would be awesomesauce.

So I am looking to get a tattoo done on my back/shoulders: I have a general idea what I want I have a photo of it.

This is my query though, I want to lift the image off of the back of this person (Randy Orton) in the photo. I want to just have a photo of the image that I can edit myself or have someone else edit for me.

As much as I like the tattoo, I would like to be Original, and I have some ideas about kind of taking a chuck out of the middle section of the tattoo itself, and adding in some Kanji in tribal lettering.

I will attach a few pictures give you an idea of what I am looking at.

So I guess I want to know if it will be possible, and if it is does anyone know what it would be called or link me to a spot on a "how-to" actually do it.

I do have Photoshop CS3 (But I honestly have never ever used it, nor really know how lmao)

Anyways, thanks in advance!

Ortonback.jpg

backtattoo.jpg

tattoo2.jpg

-Psy

If you have CS3, you should be able to clean that up.

Here's what I would do:

Use the eye dropper tool to grab a sample of the color of the tattoo. Make a rough selection around the guy's back with the lasso tool, and go to Select > Color Range...then adjust the "Fuzzyness" until the lines around the tattoo are pretty solid.

Click OK. This should select the tattoo. Then try to match the colors as closely as possible by going to Image > Adjustments > Hue/Saturation and playing around with the settings. Once the colors are close, click OK, and then Alt+D to deselect the tattoo. You may have to do this a few times to get everything in different spots/colors.

Grab your healing brush tool and "smooth out" the lines/design that still remains on his back. If you're unsure how to use the healing brush tool, I think the Photoshop Help has a good explanation.

Sweet! Thanks! I will give this a shot and see what happens lol!

Edit: Crap! I understand the hue thing, you use it to get the color of the other parts it did not catch so you can go back in and re-select the Select > Color Range option to get more of the tattoo right?

I am going to have to have to walk my little brother through this, I am color blind and I cannot get close to whatever shade that color is! My brother is laughing at me right now haha!

Alright so this is what I ended up with after frustrating stuff.

this is the pull off the back

Back copy.jpg

then in MSPaint I cleaned it up a bit, and this is where I am currently sitting.

Back copy1.jpg

No clue what I am doing lmao, all I know is I never want to do it again!