OC Problems

I couldn't ever get the "D" straps to work very well for me (but I was using G.Skill memory).

Anyhow, I concur on manually setting PCIe Frequency to 100 - although I've never seen a BIOS auto adjust it to anything other than that.

Right now I'd leave everything exactly as you have it EXCEPT for moving FSB down to 450 and CPU core voltage down to 1.3500v and give it a go from there.

Current settings

ROBUST GRAPHICS BOOSTER AUTO

CPU CLOCK RATIO 8 X

FINE CPU CLOCK RATIO +0.0

CPU FREQUENCY 3.60Ghz (450X8)

CPU HOST CLOCK CONTROL ENABLED

CPU HOST FREQUENCY 450

PCI EXPRESS FREQUENCY AUTO

C.I.A.2 DISABLED

PERFORMANCE ENHANCE STANDARD

SYSTEM MEMORY MULTIPLIER 3.20B

DRAM TIMING SELECTABLE MANUAL

*****STANDARD TIMING CONTROL*****

CAS LATENCY TIME 8

DRAM RAS to CAS DELAY 8

DRAM RAS PRECHARGE 8

PRECHARGE DELAY (tRAS) 24

*****ADVANCED TIMING CONTROL*****

ACT to ACT DELAY (tRRD) AUTO

RANK WRITE to READ DELAY AUTO

WRITE to PRECHARGE DELAY AUTO

REFRESH to ACT DELAY 60

READ to PRECHARGE DELAY AUTO

STATIC tREAD VALUE 8

STATIC tREAD PHASE ADJUST AUTO

COMMAND RATE 2T

*****CLOCK DRIVING & SKEW CONTROL

CPU/PCIEX CLOCK DRIVING CONTROL try NORMAL or 800mV

CPU CLOCK SKEW CONTROL NORMAL

(G)MCH CLOCK SKEW CONTROL NORMAL

SYSTEM VOLTAGE CONTROL MANUAL

DDR3 OVERVOLTAGE CONTROL .35V

PCIe OVERVOLTAGE CONTROL .20V

FSB OVERVOLTAGE CONTROL .35V

(G)MCH OVERVOLTAGE .45V

LOADLINE CALIBRATION ENABLED

CPU VOLTAGE CONTROL 1.3500V

Still running prime without a lockup or bluescreen, just started length 14k tests. 60c

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great, we are making progress then. What's you're memory frequency right now running at 450 FSB and the 3.20B strap?

Congrats.

Ran prime all night approx 10 hours without failure. Got up this morning and ran vantage without failure.

Ran prime all night approx 10 hours without failure. Got up this morning and ran vantage without failure.

Super awesome!

Now, if you want go ahead and bump your fsb to 455 without changing anything else. Re-run stress tests :)

Super awesome!

Now, if you want go ahead and bump your fsb to 455 without changing anything else. Re-run stress tests :)

Do you think the 475 was just out of the realm of what my particular processor can do?

Possibly. But that is why we need to take baby steps up from here. My main goal was to get you a decent o/c that was stable and a good starting point. If I were you I'd save your current settings into a profile, or at least copy everything down somewhere.

As you continue to increase the FSB at some point you will need to increase voltages a bit and also loosen up the memory timings as you get closer to the factory spec speed of your RAM.

I'm betting that you will be stable at 455*8 (3.640Ghz) with everything exactly where it is now. And in fact you might even be stable at 460*8 (3.680Ghz) without changing anything other than the FSB. But we need to find that limit and then decide whether it's worth increasing voltages or loosening memory timings.

Your current settings aren't anything to sneeze about. You've got a great clock on your cpu, decent memory speed with nice timings and all at reasonable voltages. Frankly, you aren't going to see a huge jump in real world performance 3.60Ghz to trying to squeeze 3.8Ghz out of your rig with everything balls to the wall.

Possibly. But that is why we need to take baby steps up from here. My main goal was to get you a decent o/c that was stable and a good starting point. If I were you I'd save your current settings into a profile, or at least copy everything down somewhere.

As you continue to increase the FSB at some point you will need to increase voltages a bit and also loosen up the memory timings as you get closer to the factory spec speed of your RAM.

I'm betting that you will be stable at 455*8 (3.640Ghz) with everything exactly where it is now. And in fact you might even be stable at 460*8 (3.680Ghz) without changing anything other than the FSB. But we need to find that limit and then decide whether it's worth increasing voltages or loosening memory timings.

Your current settings aren't anything to sneeze about. You've got a great clock on your cpu, decent memory speed with nice timings and all at reasonable voltages. Frankly, you aren't going to see a huge jump in real world performance 3.60Ghz to trying to squeeze 3.8Ghz out of your rig with everything balls to the wall.

I will report back tonight. Once again thanks for all the help.

Hey, CONGRATES :cheers:

You do know you will never be able to own a stock speed computer ever again :lol:

Hey, CONGRATES :cheers:

You do know you will never be able to own a stock speed computer ever again :lol:

Yeah, I have always wanted to do this, just never go around to it. I bought all the parts with OCing in mind. I had a E6600 at 3.2 on a asus P5WDH-Deluxe MB back when that was hot. That was an easy achievement. This setup gave me issues but it was cool to find someone that had experience with the setup.

Just in case you haven't downloaded it, it will give you all the pertinent (recommended and max) voltages and temps etc. for your processor.

But keep in mind that Intel is infamous for hugely understating maximum TjMax temps, voltages etc. They only "recommend" what they have proven out in the labs with a huge emphasis on warranty costs.

Most Intel processors can operate well above the Intel max recommendations for voltage and temps without damage.

So everything was working great for about a week. Prime ran, vantage ran etc. I turned my PC back on tonight and not the OC fails?

WTF?

Strange? ANy suggestions?