e5200 gigabyte gratefull noob needs help

johnny1

hello all. this is the first computer i have built in over 6 years . i built it last year and love it .

im thinking i want to overclock it now just to see what extra performance i can get out of it as ill be building a new rigg later in the year

but im an overclocking noob and im haveing a little trouble working out things like ram timings .any help would be appreciatted thankyou.im going to install windows 7 or xp 64 bitt and install the 64bit drivers for it. would this help me get the full overclock speeds after tweaking ? both the cpu and board can run 64 bit full

so heres the spec and bios options i have

cpu intel e5200

motherboard

gigabyte EP43-S3L

Front Side Bus 1600(O.C.)/1333/1066/800 MHz FSB

Chipset North Bridge: Intel

tfgyht.bmp

Edited by johnny1

ok noone answered anyway but since my last post ive learned a bitt more so i thought i may as well update this also as a refrence for myself to chek later if i ever need to .

i managed to get my fsb on the e5200 upto 140 running fine wich i thought was pretty good seeing as most e5200 users cant get over 310fsb or hit a wall at 330 but then after an hours play i got a total freeze i suspect its iether my voltages or ram timings after playing with the voltages it does the same if i try to go upto 350 fsb i get a boot fail any suggestions as to what direction to head in now if anyones out there

Run a stability test with Prime95. If it has an error within the first several hours, then your overclock isn't stable.

As for getting it stable, what's your VCore now?