Overclock Memory 2 pairs of DDR for Dual Channel(brands differents) it

I have the MB Asus M2N SLI Deluxe, recently I update the BIOS and now I use Phenom II 940(Black Edition) and I have 4 Memory slots(DDR II800) for 2 dual channel, but I bought 2 pairs in different times, so now I have a pair of Patriot Extreme Performance (OverclockerClub Reviews here) and a pair of G.Skill. So I have a fill questions for this topic (Sorry to bug the hell out of you for asking about an old machine but it servers me greatly and I will not change it any time soon)

Specs of Memorys:

Patriot Extreme Performance - timing 4-4-4-12, Cas Latency 4, voltage 2.2 w/ heatspread;

G.Skill F2-6400CL4D-4GBPK - timing 4-4-4-12, Cas Latency 4, voltage 2.0~2.1 w/heatspread.

For Yankees friends that are owner of this platform, can help in this questions:

1) What is the better set: Uses 2 pairs w/ a Profile Comun for boths *** or *** Choose one(what is better?) and use High Performance Profile for gaming performance?

(I use many times 8GB in the heavy Vista 64 Ultimate system and the systems ran very loose, I think 8Gb its too much!)

2) What better Overclocking for this plataform and Processor? (Some fine sets in Bios Setup?)

3) Water Cooling System its a tip for stabilize overcloking systems? What its better for my system and case?

Thanks for attention guys, please Ups!

PS.: Playing "Wolfstein" - id Software - High Performance Profile and FPS ~60. Only that I need!

I have the MB Asus M2N SLI Deluxe, recently I update the BIOS and now I use Phenom II 940(Black Edition) and I have 4 Memory slots(DDR II800) for 2 dual channel, but I bought 2 pairs in different times, so now I have a pair of Patriot Extreme Performance (OverclockerClub Reviews here) and a pair of G.Skill. So I have a fill questions for this topic (Sorry to bug the hell out of you for asking about an old machine but it servers me greatly and I will not change it any time soon)

Specs of Memorys:

Patriot Extreme Performance - timing 4-4-4-12, Cas Latency 4, voltage 2.2 w/ heatspread;

G.Skill F2-6400CL4D-4GBPK - timing 4-4-4-12, Cas Latency 4, voltage 2.0~2.1 w/heatspread.

For Yankees friends that are owner of this platform, can help in this questions:

1) What is the better set: Uses 2 pairs w/ a Profile Comun for boths *** or *** Choose one(what is better?) and use High Performance Profile for gaming performance?

(I use many times 8GB in the heavy Vista 64 Ultimate system and the systems ran very loose, I think 8Gb its too much!)

2) What better Overclocking for this plataform and Processor? (Some fine sets in Bios Setup?)

3) Water Cooling System its a tip for stabilize overcloking systems? What its better for my system and case?

Thanks for attention guys, please Ups!

PS.: Playing "Wolfstein" - id Software - High Performance Profile and FPS ~60. Only that I need!

I forgot..What program of benchmark I can use to compare the before/after test? :huh:

you can get away with 2 kinds of ram, since they're similar timings and volts, although ultimately it's still going to hinder your OC (if you're really pushing)

1. since you're using two different types of memory, i'd say you'll have to set their settings manually, as the XMP for one won't necessarily be ideal for the other (i'm not 100% on this tho)

2. Any of the unlocked (Black edition) AMD chips are usually mean overclockers

3. Unless you have $300 to get a real water cooling setup, going with high end air cooling (noctua nh-d14) will yield better temps and still great OC's

Hi sdy284,

Thanks for your reply, well, yes I really wanna push some little OC in my machine, and by the Watercooling I think is much expensive for what it's serves and your idea of Highest Air Cooling sounds good for me. So the ultimate question is:

*** What is the most reliable memory: Patriot (Extreme Performance) or G. Skill (F2-6400CL4D) ? *** :blink:

The OCClub members can vote if prefer... :typing:

(Thanks sdy adm)

Hi sdy284,

Thanks for your reply, well, yes I really wanna push some little OC in my machine, and by the Watercooling I think is much expensive for what it's serves and your idea of Highest Air Cooling sounds good for me. So the ultimate question is:

*** What is the most reliable memory: Patriot (Extreme Performance) or G. Skill (F2-6400CL4D) ? *** :blink:

The OCClub members can vote if prefer... :typing:

(Thanks sdy adm)

I chose the G. Skill memory, my Patriot is actually 5-5-5-12 and I tweaked the BIOS and the memory is working 100%. See image below my machine without OC ...

minhamaquinastandarcpuz.jpg

The previous image its Patriot memory yet. :typing:

My benchmarks program is "Everest Ultimate 4.50.1436", Super PI and Nuclearus Multi Core v.2.0.0 (RC1)

This is my first step: My memory works fine but if anyone can help me in Overclock my memory I'll be thanks...

fael78rjapr122010.png