OC'ing E4600 on GA p35-DS3L

sicarii

Hi

I was able to overclock my E4600 (stock speed 2.4Ghz) to 3.2GHz by increasing FSB to 400Mhz(x8), vcore 1.45V and FSB Overvoltage +0.3V. My rams run at 800Mhz(400x2). I am afraiid I might fry my northbridge chip since I'm only on stock heat sink for the chip.

I was able to reach 3.2Ghz in a different way though; by decreasing FSB to 356Mhz and the multiplier to 9 with only +.1v on FSB Overvoltage. My problem with this setup is i have underclocked my ram frequency to 702Mhz.

Should i go with the second setup or the first one is fine?

Hi

I was able to overclock my E4600 (stock speed 2.4Ghz) to 3.2GHz by increasing FSB to 400Mhz(x8), vcore 1.45V and FSB Overvoltage +0.3V. My rams run at 800Mhz(400x2). I am afraiid I might fry my northbridge chip since I'm only on stock heat sink for the chip.

I was able to reach 3.2Ghz in a different way though; by decreasing FSB to 356Mhz and the multiplier to 9 with only +.1v on FSB Overvoltage. My problem with this setup is i have underclocked my ram frequency to 702Mhz.

Should i go with the second setup or the first one is fine?

You won't fry your northbridge. You might fry your cpu, though, so check the temps with real temp or coretemp and post em.