AMD Phenom 2.3 9600, need help!

I just want to start of by saying, I'm completely new at this with zero experience!

AMD Phenom 2.3 9600

Kingston 4g ram

Geforce GTS 250 graphics card

Asus m3a78-cm motherboard

I downloaded AMD OverDrive, tried to make a few small advanced settings

and they wouldnt hold, my computer kept freezing, so I tried the Auto Clock

and applied settings which was only a .5 multiplier higher then what its currently

running, along with .10 voltage higher, after applying the settings my computer

would again freeze, what am I doing wrong?

could be a hidden setting to change, could be your cpu. The agena core was always a big problem when it came to overclocking. Although small increments should be expected at the very least, try using the BIOS this time.

usually you can press DEL at boot to get in. Once you're in there, go to advance settings, use common sense to get into the overclocking section. You'll see some familiar settings like you saw in the overdrive software. And you just press enter on the setting and use the arrow keeys, plus sign, or input the number you want manually. It's pretty simple once you get the hang of it.

Alright, thanks alot Damian I tried that and it worked, my computer isnt freezing!

I took it from 11.5x2300 to 12x2400, do you think thats the max it will take, or do

you think I might be able to do 12.5x2500, I didnt know what else to change though,

there anything else manditory that has to be changed along with the speed?