Southbridge overheating

patriot_z

It almost sounds like It has come unseated to me. I would remove the heatsink from the mother board and see if you can put new thermal compound on it or another pad to improve its performance by chance. But if your going to do that you may as well get a new heatsink all together.

try this heatsink for the NB

Edited by boinker

It almost sounds like It has come unseated to me. I would remove the heatsink from the mother board and see if you can put new thermal compound on it or another pad to improve its performance by chance. But if your going to do that you may as well get a new heatsink all together.

try this heatsink for the NB

That one really appeals to me because its so low profile. Do you think it would work better than the Thermalright HR-05-SLI (I don't think I have room for the Thermaltake so that one is a moot point)?

Edit: Also remember my NB is sitting at 76-78 idle right now. Most people who had issues with it on Newegg said it was around 58-60 idle. I just want to get it into a safe area

Edited by patriot_z

The product from thermalright will more then likely work better. Question is will it fit with the addition of a fan or can you turn it around to where the Gpu pulls air through it.

The way it's set up the heatsink would probably end up sitting right in front of the GPU fan. Would that be bad for the GPU?

Maybe I should just take a picture of my computer, it might be easier than describing it.