New Here - Need Waterblock Tips

Gorakand

Hello all. I've been a long-time reader of the hardware reviews here, and I use to overclock way back when AMD Athlons were just the best thing in town.

I'm working with the following parts, and I'm in need of advice to cool this stuff.

Asus P6TX58D motherboard (want to cool chipsets)

Intel i7 920 (got this to 3.76 on air)

I don't want to put the cpu, chipsets and video cards on the same loop. So for now, I want to focus on just the cpu and chipset. Is there a full block for the P6T that is available? Is it useless for me to worry about the chipsets? Could I just focus on the CPU and just cool that for now, then add in a 2nd loop for the video cards?

I feel that since my last foray into overclocking, I've lost my touch, there's more and more settings in bios, and everything else to deal with. I want to get the cooling down prior to starting the process though.

Thanks for any input.

Hello all. I've been a long-time reader of the hardware reviews here, and I use to overclock way back when AMD Athlons were just the best thing in town.

I'm working with the following parts, and I'm in need of advice to cool this stuff.

Asus P6TX58D motherboard (want to cool chipsets)

Intel i7 920 (got this to 3.76 on air)

I don't want to put the cpu, chipsets and video cards on the same loop. So for now, I want to focus on just the cpu and chipset. Is there a full block for the P6T that is available? Is it useless for me to worry about the chipsets? Could I just focus on the CPU and just cool that for now, then add in a 2nd loop for the video cards?

I feel that since my last foray into overclocking, I've lost my touch, there's more and more settings in bios, and everything else to deal with. I want to get the cooling down prior to starting the process though.

Thanks for any input.

when I googled the board I saw these waterblocks

http://www.ekwaterblocks.com/shop/blocks/m...dir=asc&p=2

It kind of depends on how much you want to spend and how far you want to push the OC...

Most will just make sure there is a decent amount of air flow over the chipset sinks. (by pointing a fan towards them or attaching a fan to the chipset..