Overclocking my computer

danieljury3

I'm currently overclocking my 2.6Ghz AMD Athlon II X4 620.Right now I'm at 3.1Ghz from increasing the reference clock to 240Mhz and am on 54 degrees Celsius with stock air cooling and in the middle of summer (hit 60 degrees during the day). Ive also under-clocked my RAM and Hyper-transport link so they don't interfere with the results but outside of that I'm not too sure what to do. I had some problems earlier when I tried 245Mhz where AMD Overdrive kept changing settings then freezing up my computer then after restarting refused to open at all (maybe I should use a different program to stress-test).

The rest of my family are against me overclocking. My younger brother thinks that there's no need/point in overclocking my computer and my mum thinks I'm going to set my computer on fire (not helped by the previous 2 fires I've stared with my electronics projects)

Edited by danieljury3

I'm currently overclocking my 2.6Ghz AMD Athlon II X4 620.Right now I'm at 3.1Ghz from increasing the reference clock to 240Mhz and am on 54 degrees Celsius with stock air cooling and in the middle of summer (hit 60 degrees during the day). Ive also under-clocked my RAM and Hyper-transport link so they don't interfere with the results but outside of that I'm not too sure what to do. I had some problems earlier when I tried 245Mhz where AMD Overdrive kept changing settings then freezing up my computer then after restarting refused to open at all (maybe I should use a different program to stress-test).

The rest of my family are against me overclocking. My younger brother thinks that there's no need/point in overclocking my computer and my mum thinks I'm going to set my computer on fire (not helped by the previous 2 fires I've stared with my electronics projects)

i'm sitting at 3.12ghz myself if you do get any more than that please let me know .

:unsure: