L3 Cache on PROPUS CORE!!!!

Chadwick0

Ok Im fully editing my forum cuz i didnt like it, thanks to all who answered already but heres what my final numbers are for anyone interested in overclocking the Athlon II x4 2.6GHz - 620 - Propus core, Asus M4a785-m board.

Ref clock 250 @ 3.250 GHz

HT link x8 and 2000 Mhz

i had it at x9 for a total of 2410 but the more searching i did i thought it to be safer at 2000

for some reason the cpu voltage is only 1.275, never reaching more than 1.264 and the board wont let me up it any, which might just be me cuz im still learning, i should stop saying im new at this just the newer technology was intimidating at first, im catching on though.

Enabling ACC and setting unleashing mode to (-4%) did in fact unlock 6 MB L3 Cache! which is supposed to only be on the Deneb core. Its stable so far but not sure how to really tell the difference, charts seemed to show L3 benefits especially with 4 native cores.

Edited by Chadwick0

tips, advice, questions, have at it please!!, ive been everywhere on the net and never heard of the propus unlocking 6 MB L3!!!!!

Yep, you just got lucky! Some Propus are actually Propus cores, but others are Deneb (Phenom II) cores :)

Yep, you just got lucky! Some Propus are actually Propus cores, but others are Deneb (Phenom II) cores :)

Thats awesome. I dont know what else to do to help ensure stability but so far so good still. one hour of stabilty test, music, internet, background programs, what scares me is its passed this point before and thats what inspired me to set ACC, my theory was if it runs for a long time but stalls, then its backing itself up somewhere like a traffic jam, that could be comepletely wrong but im pretty sure its entirely possible to stabilize this processor at 3.250.