did i do my overclocking correctly?

4lc4pon3

My first overclock. i wanted to go from 2.8ghz to 3.2ghz. x3 720 BE

Set the FSB to the default 200.

Processor Frequency Multiplier : 16 (3200mhz if the FSB is at 200)

CPU/NB Frenquency : x11 multiplier.

CPUZ shows 3.2ghz @ 1.408V

Edited by 4lc4pon3

My first overclock. i wanted to go from 2.8ghz to 3.2ghz. x3 720 BE

Set the FSB to the default 200.

Processor Frequency Multiplier : 16 (3200mhz if the FSB is at 200)

Optional : CPU/NB Frenquency : x11 multiplier.

CPUZ shows 3.2ghz @ 1.408V

That's pretty good and yes, you're doing it right. But you're lucky in that you have a Black Edition and you don't NEED to use a FSB Overclock to raise your CPU speed. Just use the multiplier. Unless you're trying to do both your CPU and RAM in one fell swoop. It's your choice.

umm no not trying to really overclock my memory and right now its stable at 3.2ghz. im happy at 3.2ghz. Idle 31C full load it running40c

I know I can push this farther but im going to leave it as is for now.

Edited by 4lc4pon3

i got a ? for you guys. you said to set the Voltage to 1.45V so i went into my BIOS where it sais CPU over Voltage i set it to 1.45 and put my CPU at 3.5GHZ.

when i run CPUZ it sais 3.5GHZ @ 1 424 - 1.440V it fluctuates. did i do that correctly?

ok here is an update. i was able to push 3.4GHZ Fully stable at 1.4V running intel burn test. I ran the program 5 times using 10 times to test.

I was UNABLE to get 3.5 or 3.6 out of it period. Failed @ 1.42V 1.43V 1.44v 1.45v 1.46v 1.47v 1.48v and 1.49v. This is most likely caused by my motherboard due to being low cost and not a proven overclocker or cause im running windows xp 32bit.

I am planning on getting a new board and windows 7 64bit here in the next week but for now 3.4ghz is better then 2.8