Laptop performance

pkilway

I started by purchasing my wife a netbook for Christmas. The screen was small and it wasn't as responsive as she would have liked. So I took it back and traded it in for a Toshiba Satellite L505D-S5986. I figured that this would be much better for her sine she only needs it for email and Facebook.

Now, she really enjoys the little flash games that Facebook offers (I'm not a Facebook person, but I think some of them are "Farmville", "Happy Aquarium" and some slot machine game). I've not touched her laptop except to setup the laptop up on our wireless network and install Spybot Search and Destroy and NOD32 v4.0.

Last night my wife asked if you can buy video cards for laptops. Which kind of surprised me. I can't believe that these little flash games are taxing this laptop to the point they're unplayable.

Not knowing much about laptops (or how flash works), are there any settings I can adjust to increase video performance?

are you sure she doesn't play COD4 when you're not watching? ;)

Seriously, my netbook ran an Intel GMA950, and they flew. Her laptop has an ATI 4100, and that shouldn't be giving her any problems. Is she running anything like WindowBlinds, etc.?

It also says that it has the WildTangent software pre-loaded - some of the games from there are pretty graphics intensive... You can't fix that.

Edited by Deman Risu