Overclocking Athlon II X4 630 with MSI 785GM-E65

snakeiz2

Hi. am trying to OC to reach 3.5g and i seem to hit a wall at 3315. My setting are as follow: 250x14, Nb&Ht at 8x for 2000, MEM at there stock 1333, 1.67v, everthing else is on auto i could get into windows7 but when i run the stress test on it it just reboots or blue screens. CNQ, Spread, dram/pci freq. are disable. Iv tryed bumping cpu-v from 1.4 to 1.5 but nothing, Also when i raise Nb-V Ht-v increases with it iv rose that to 1.2 just blue screens. Iv seen online reviews with this board and or even the amd 620 reach 3.5 is there something am overlooking? Thanks

Drop your NB and HT multiplier to 7 . Because they are being overclocked while you raise fsb. underclock your ram or give it more voltage (it is being overclocked also

as you can see in my screen shot below, I dropped the mulit of my nb and ht so I could get a stable over clock . Also my ram is underclocked

athlon237ghzstress.jpg

Drop your NB and HT multiplier to 7 . Because they are being overclocked while you raise fsb. underclock your ram or give it more voltage (it is being overclocked also

as you can see in my screen shot below, I dropped the mulit of my nb and ht so I could get a stable over clock . Also my ram is underclocked

athlon237ghzstress.jpg

Thanks i give that a try. ? whats the diffrence between the cpu-nb volts and just nb volts the nb volts on my bios also increase ht as well no independance between each other or am i suppose to be rasing the cpu-nb? Thanks

Thanks i give that a try. ? whats the diffrence between the cpu-nb volts and just nb volts the nb volts on my bios also increase ht as well no independance between each other or am i suppose to be rasing the cpu-nb? Thanks

cpu-nb is is then on chip ( it will need voltage also (i just set mine to 1.55v so i dont have to come back and tweak it)). nb is the one on the motherboard (keep that at 1.4v). there isnt a way to underclock ht on your motherboard.

Okay so i got it to run stable at 3.5 tested for 1hour. I set the cpu v to 1.520 and ran good if i set it at 1.51 it would reboot after about 15min. What i noticed is that when i set it at 1.52 in the bios, in the system info it reads 1.48. for 1hour full load my temps stayed at 60c. Thanks

Okay so i got it to run stable at 3.5 tested for 1hour. I set the cpu v to 1.520 and ran good if i set it at 1.51 it would reboot after about 15min. What i noticed is that when i set it at 1.52 in the bios, in the system info it reads 1.48. for 1hour full load my temps stayed at 60c. Thanks

what cooler are you using?

underclock your ram or give it more voltage (it is being overclocked also

Or he could just set his fsb/dram ratio to an appropriate setting or work with the CPU ratio, that way he can still raise figures and not have to underclock it.

Or he could just set his fsb/dram ratio to an appropriate setting or work with the CPU ratio, that way he can still raise figures and not have to underclock it.

remember his cpu is has locked multiplier.

work with the CPU ratio, that way he can still raise figures and not have to underclock it.

I was referring to your post about cpu ratio.Lower the multiplier of the cpu wont do any good. To raise the multiplier an unlocked cpu is needed.

Lowering the dram ratio is the same as underclocking the ram -_-

Edited by Skugpezz

EDIT: OP figured it out

to op, just dont underclock ram what i said was another alternative to getting where you want by keeping you ram at or around stock so you dont lose any mhz. :)

Edited by damian