WOOOO ... its out ... bosco it needs to be reviewed!

unknownuser200

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see the point of getting this right now with SDXC just around the corner 104 MB of actual write speed and a much cheaper price for sure with future expansion upto 300MB/s actual, and 2TB of storage and oh btw while were at it is the size of a postage stamp.

WOW, 2TB in one of those is ridiculous!

Maybe its better if you want to have data parity. Its still only 1/4 the storage space. The 1TB is definitely practical if you are in a corporate server environment where power, heat, and reliability are your main concerns.

It is not practical at all. For the price of setting up a server with multiple drives, at that price, you could have Windows DFS setup and have redundant file servers. Even though I would absolutely get one of these if it were cheaper, this drive makes no sense for anyone, fiscally or practically. Power, Heat, & reliability do not warrant spending 4k on a 1TB Drive when you can get all of those things in an enterprise server for the same price. The Western Digital 1TB RE3's are the most reliable enterprise Drive I have used, and the price is about 40x less.

Edited by itsernst