cool n quiet

actionstan

if my overclock is remaining stable while under cool n quiet (3.2 ghz to 3.6 ghz not a huge overclock) is there any other reason to disable cool n quiet, because if not i figure the only other thing it will do is make my processor live that much longer :) and will also cause less overall heat when its idle

In the old NF4 days disabling CnQ was a standard procedure for overclocking the wonderful AMD chips of that generation. However, things have come a long way for both AMD and Intel relative to power saving and reduction in heat generation since then.

These days, once you find a stable overclock I don't see any reason not to utilize CnQ, EIST, C1E etc.

Again I want to emphasize the "once you find a stable overclock" part of my sentence. While you're working your way to the ultimate/max/stable overclock it's a good idea to disable any BIOS optimizations that might influence your adventure. But once you get it dialed in and locked down I say take advantage of the power saving features available on the board and in your cpu.

In the old NF4 days disabling CnQ was a standard procedure for overclocking the wonderful AMD chips of that generation. However, things have come a long way for both AMD and Intel relative to power saving and reduction in heat generation since then.

These days, once you find a stable overclock I don't see any reason not to utilize CnQ, EIST, C1E etc.

Again I want to emphasize the "once you find a stable overclock" part of my sentence. While you're working your way to the ultimate/max/stable overclock it's a good idea to disable any BIOS optimizations that might influence your adventure. But once you get it dialed in and locked down I say take advantage of the power saving features available on the board and in your cpu.

thanks i guess my only other question is, will it affect gaming performance i mean i know it revs up when it needs to but does the delay in it kicking up affect me at all?