Striker Extreme & Q6600 GO

HellfireZA

I'm just wanting to know how far can I get my CPU on this motherboard?

I've managed to get 3.6ghz with semi stable settings, just wanting to know from anyone how far I could get my CPU.

Also if anyone has setting for 3.6ghz I would much appreciate it because right now aren't too stable.

Semi stable? You might have gone beyond your max oc.

What is the voltage your chip is running at?

Plus no to processors are the same.

Just because Wally got his to 4.0. And Marty could only hit 4.2.

Yours may only hit 3.4 or so. Just trying to be honest.

Semi stable? You might have gone beyond your max oc.

What is the voltage your chip is running at?

Plus no to processors are the same.

Just because Wally got his to 4.0. And Marty could only hit 4.2.

Yours may only hit 3.4 or so. Just trying to be honest.

Exactly.

Your type of question cannot be answered. You must try it yourself! Small increments of Mhz and checking if it's stable. if it's not try to add some voltage and check again. If it still doesn't work try to raise the voltage off the NB. If eventually none works you may reached the maximum.

Don't forget that a good PSU may help with overclocking not to mention the cooling off course.

High overclocking is not something you do in 5 minutes. It's a try and error process that needs some patience.

From a review:
I then went about overclocking the core and memory reaching 710Mhz and 2000Mhz respectively. Any further pushing and 3dMark 06 showed instability by either loss of detection of the card, BSOD or artefacting.

Try dropping 20Mhz in those settings and see if you have issues. if you don't raise the clock some more.

I'm pretty sure he's overclocking a processor - not a video card...

Really the best thing you can do here is work your way UP, test for stability, monitor temps, etc. You'll eventually hit a wall and can't go any further before either it's just unstable or too hot for your comfort. My Q6600 G0 wouldn't go past 3.6, and that was on water.

Edited by airman

Try dropping 20Mhz in those settings and see if you have issues. if you don't raise the clock some more.

I'm pretty sure he's overclocking a processor - not a video card...

Really the best thing you can do here is work your way UP, test for stability, monitor temps, etc. You'll eventually hit a wall and can't go any further before either it's just unstable or too hot for your comfort. My Q6600 G0 wouldn't go past 3.6, and that was on water.

Ok thanks

What should my max temperature be in idle and load?