Having trouble OCing

pezcore

I JUST changed from a GIGABYTE EP45-UD3R to the EP45-UD3P and the best I can get is 300FSB x10 = 3.0 GHz

I used to have 333 x10 but that just turns off the system before it posts, no beeps or anything.

I made everything the same as how I had it on the previous mobo and this board doesn't seem to like them.

I set PCI freq to 100.

I left voltages to AUTO, like I had them before. I turned that performance thing to STANDARD.

RAM Timings to 5-5-5-15 like they were before, still no luck. I tried turning the multiplier down and the FSB and it beeped at me like crazy.

What else can I check? Why is this board not responding the same way?

Auto voltages are a HUGE no-no. Fix that and bring it up as if it's a totally different board (because it is).

I knew that was coming :P

So... do I set them all to STANDARD? Or just plug in the default values already listed manually? Or something else?

Start with the defaults and bump them up as necessary within reason. Generally you won't have to tweak but a few of them.

My P35 board shot straight to 433 FSB without anything but a small bump to the chipset voltage (and the vcore, obviously) so I'd be surprised if you couldn't even get to 400 with that P45 board.

Start with the defaults and bump them up as necessary within reason. Generally you won't have to tweak but a few of them.

My P35 board shot straight to 433 FSB without anything but a small bump to the chipset voltage (and the vcore, obviously) so I'd be surprised if you couldn't even get to 400 with that P45 board.

that worked; got back to 3.33GHz

I'll try for more later. Which voltages do I have to mess with? All of the ones in CPU section, or just Vcore?

Thanks!