Whats a good cooler for AMD Phenom II X4 955?

ash-306

Ive getting a AMD Phenom II X4 955 soon and im asking whats a good cooler? Ive got a Arctic Cooling Freezer 64 Pro V1 on my AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+. Will this cooler be good enough for a Phenom II X4 955? Or do i need a better cooler? I may want to overclock it a little aswell but not to much anyway. Thanks.

The quads put out quite a bit more heat so you may want to look at something like the Xigmatek (1283/1284) or CCF for only a couple of dollars more than the AC7 especially if your going to OC.

The quads put out quite a bit more heat so you may want to look at something like the Xigmatek (1283/1284) or CCF for only a couple of dollars more than the AC7 especially if your going to OC.

:withstupid:

I have the core contact freezer for my phenom 9950 and i must say it does a very good job for how cheap it is

Is this the one: http://www.scan.co.uk/Product.aspx?WebProductID=959484

Or this: http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct....rodid=HS-000-TQ

Which one is the best for buck? Dont really want to be spending to much as i will only be overclocking it about 200MHz. Will my AC Freezer 7 Pro be ok for overclocking 200Mhz? OR do i still need a more powerful one above.

Stock cooler can give you a decent overclock. So anything a bit beefier will suit your future endeavors in overclocking.

Ok, so will my AC Freeze 7 Pro be ok? Come on guys. I need to know ASAP. Ive ordered my CPU and want my cooler at the same time it comes. :D

It'll probably be fine. But if I were to go with one of the ones you linked to I'd go with the Sunbeam as long as you don't intent on using tall memory and/or all 4 ram slots.

Edited by Hedghawg71

Ok, so will my AC Freeze 7 Pro be ok? Come on guys. I need to know ASAP. Ive ordered my CPU and want my cooler at the same time it comes. :D

What is your budget? You've been given many suggestions that would work well for your modest overclocking goals but nobody knows exactly how much you want to spend so it creates a problem making an appropriate suggestion. "not a lot" isn't a budget. Name a figure or at least a range you're willing to spend.

It'll probably be fine. But if I were to go with one of the ones you linked to I'd go with the Sunbeam as long as you don't intent on using tall memory and/or all 4 ram slots.

What is your budget? You've been given many suggestions that would work well for your modest overclocking goals but nobody knows exactly how much you want to spend so it creates a problem making an appropriate suggestion. "not a lot" isn't a budget. Name a figure or at least a range you're willing to spend.

No more than

Edited by ash-306