Thermaltake V1 COU cooler

Hello OCC,

I just received my Thermaltake V1 cooler earlier today, I cannot figure out how to install this thing, I have extensive experience with computer hardware, and this is the most ridiculous piece of hardware to install. I have googled and looked everywhere for the issue I am having and it just comes up with reviews and sale of the product. I received the item in the mail with all parts needed. I set it up on my AMD socket 754 CPU to get it all ready to go, and I slip the little bracket-like object through the middle of the bottom of the cooler, where there is an open space to do so, and a cut-out area for it, too. The problem: It fits SO loose it isn't acceptable. It slides around about 1/4 of an inch in all directions while attached to the CPU and the black brace around the CPU. I turned my computer back upright to see how bad it really was, and it almost fell off of the brace...Once again I have found NO record of this issue. Have I just received a faulty/wrong bracket, or am I doing this wrong and can it be fixed with something simple that I overlooked?

Edited by ArtOfTheCarbine

Other than tightening it up with washers from your local hardware store I've got no real help to offer. Have you tried emailing thermaltake? I needed an AMD bracket for a thermaltake heatsink once and emailed the tech support. I had a new AMD bracket in a few days. They didn't charge me anything for it either.

Other than tightening it up with washers from your local hardware store I've got no real help to offer. Have you tried emailing thermaltake? I needed an AMD bracket for a thermaltake heatsink once and emailed the tech support. I had a new AMD bracket in a few days. They didn't charge me anything for it either.

Explain how I could use the washers if you could; my step dad has an entire garage full of hardware and equipment I can look through. I bought this Cooler via Ebay, I emailed the seller for advice, but he hasn't responded yet. I thank you for any help in advance.

Explain how I could use the washers if you could; my step dad has an entire garage full of hardware and equipment I can look through. I bought this Cooler via Ebay, I emailed the seller for advice, but he hasn't responded yet. I thank you for any help in advance.

You could use them to take out the extra spaces between the bracket and the screws.

Yeah, I literally just finished doing that a couple minutes ago after it finally hit me. Thanks for the help Gabriel and rourk. It's attached and running great as we speak ^_^

Your welcome, let us know how it works for ya.

It's working FANTASTIC. My GPU is running 5 - 6 degrees cooler on idle, and about 7 - 8 degrees cooler on full load! My CPU is a lot cooler, unknown temps before and after, didn't take the liberty to check either. I was able to OC my card from 720MHz GPU clock to 800MHz, and my Memory clock from 910MHz to 1000MHz. It increased my framerate a good 10 - 15 frames in CoD4, and another 8 - 12 on Fallout 3. I didn't think a CPU cooler would make such a difference :P

I am officially satisfied!