E8500 and GA-EP45-UD3P overclock help

WilliamP

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have set the CPU Clock ratio to 9.5. I ran the frequency to 371 which gave me 3.52. Then the MHz of the ram went crazy. I set the Memory Multiplier to 3.33. I not sure I am doing right but I have been running memtest and it looks ok. Memtest says the Ram is running at 556 MHz DDR1113. My Ram is supposed to be DDR2 1066. I have run tests 5 and 8 and it has no problems. Mike If you can give me any settings I would greatly appreciate it. I tried the clock frequency 3.75 but it wouldn't boot.

Edited by WilliamP

I have set the CPU Clock ratio to 9.5. I ran the frequency to 371 which gave me 3.52. Then the MHz of the ram went crazy. I set the Memory Multiplier to 3.33. I not sure I am doing right but I have been running memtest and it looks ok. Memtest says the Ram is running at 556 MHz DDR1113. My Ram is supposed to be DDR2 1066. I have run tests 5 and 8 and it has no problems. Mike If you can give me any settings I would greatly appreciate it. I tried the clock frequency 3.75 but it wouldn't boot.

Alright I'm willing to bet your RAM is whats not wanting to hold up at those speeds. Here is what I have set in my bios, and I run 24/7 @ 4.37GHz (I know I need to update sig.) Be sure and check your CPU voltages, especially under load, I use Hardware Monitor and RealTemp. Remember that I have BIOS F7 as well.

Robust Graphics Booster: Fast

Host Clock Control: Enabled

CPU Host Frequency: 333MHz (Starting point for E8500)

PCI-E Frequency: 100MHz

DRAM

Performance Enhance: Standard

Extreme Memory Profile: Disable

Frequency Latch: 400MHz

System Memory Multiplier: 2.00D

Now be sure to check your voltages, this will start you off at 800MHz for RAM Frequency, and also be sure to make sure your timings and voltages are where they are supposed to be.

Hope this helps!

I thought that I was getting good memory with OCZ DDR2 PC2-8500 Reaper. Is there a memory that you would recommend?

Theres nothing wrong with the OCZ, but you can't always expect computer parts to just overclock, you can always try to give them a voltage bump as well. It's kind of the same deal with processors, sometimes you'll get lucky and have a mile of overclocking headroom, sometimes you'll have none at all :(

This is my BIOS set up

CPU Clock 9x

Fine CPU Clock .5

CPU Host Clock Control ( Enabled )

CPU Host Frequency 372

PCI Express Frequency( Auto )

C.I.A. 2 (Disabled )

DRAM

Performance Enhance (Standard)

Extreme Memory Profile (Disabled)

(G) MCH Frequency Latch (Auto)

System Memory Multiplier 2.66D

Memory Frequency (MCz) 1066 992

DRAM Timing

The remainder has not been changed except for CPU VCore set to 1.2565 and DRAM voltage set to 2.1

My CPU will boot and run at these settings, but not higher. What do I need to do to enable a higher CPU speed??

I am now satisfied. I have finally figured out the BIOS. I have slowly upped the Cpu Host Frequency to 400 and left my System Memory Multiplier at 2.66D. So now the CPU Frequency is 3.8 and my memory Frequency is 1066. I am a happy man. I have run Memtest 86 tests 5 + 8 and so far all is well. I do have one question. In the BIOS set up I set the CPU Vcore to 1.25625 but when I run CPUID it says it is 1.23. Why is that?

nice i stumbled on a topic that is exactly what i have in my box:) (board and proc)

i built my comp about 7 months ago and am finally ready to start OC'ing the proc.

i went into the BIOS yesterday to look around and try to familiarize myself with all the options. i went to the M.I.T and saw that the multiplier was at 8.5 and the host freq was at 266 yielding 2,261mHz. i thought that the e8500 was supposed to be 3.16? does the mobo automatically dial it down? i have an arctic cooler 7 rev. 2 on the way, but if i change the settings to yield the "stock" 3.16, will the stock fan be enough to cool it adequately?

i read that i should change the multiplier to 9.5 and slowly up the host freq by increments of 15? im assuming a reboot after each adjustment is in order? also should i have to tweak the voltages, what increments do i do that? and do i only do that if it fails to boot?

i apologize for all the noob questions, but ive been reading on this website for quite some time and finally decided to give it a try.

thanks for all the help!

Edited by mattnova