Replacement mic for Speedlink Medusa

Harvir

I think my conversation with Consumer Services best describes my problem, could anyone offer any advice or help? Please no comments on surround speakers are better as I use them for gaming at night.

Speedlink Medusa 5.1 Home Edition

I've already attempted using the form on the website but after two months or so, I don't think anyone is going to reply.

Basically, I purchased this headset from Ebay and it was fine for the first few days. The mic was a bt loose I noticed but only a few days later did it stop working. A few days later after trying everything I saw the mic wasn't attached properly and came out but not from the part where it detatches from but the area with the spring.

I cannot return the headset.

So what I need is to simply replace the mic but I don't know how. I'm unsure of which mic will fit in the headset or if I can purchase a replacement off of you.

-

Hello,

sorry but we have no replacement mic for this system.

Why you can

Edited by Harvir

I bought the Medusa 5.1 Home Edition, and the mic connector (RCA/phono socket) on the headset broke off within about 30 seconds of handling the headset itself...

Medusa used to do a replacement mic. I got mine THREE years ago, and via a UK distributor

When I discussed this with the distributor, I found out that the mic design had been changed from fixed to removeable, due to gamer's requests, but with all the resulting mic issues (basically breaking in any number of places), the design was expected to return to fixed...

It certainly seems that the Medusa Station, is merely a Home Edition, with a fixed mic...

http://www.speed-link.com/?p=2&cat=183...0640&paus=1

I would ask Medusa (nicely) if they would consider replacing your Medusa headset with the Station headset, or at least providing a distributor that could supply this as a payable spare part.

The original mic is an RCA/Phono mic, but almost every single detachable design uses a 3.5mm "stereo" jack, in order to provide signal/ground/power for a PC condenser mic...

If you can find a detachable mic that connects with RCA/Phono, I would bet money on it being compatible with the Medusa... but I think going the route of a Station headset would be a lot easier

Thanks for the info. I didn't reply until now because I found a replacement headset for really cheap but lost it at the last minute (ebay).

I've been looking for a mic like this but I can't seem to find it. Would anyone know where I could get one?