780i Memory Issue...

Hi all,

I have started having issues with blue screens as of late. Occasionally, while trying to run games (i.e. COD: WAW) I have been getting the message:

Hardware Malfunction

NMI: Memory Parity Error

I starting investigating, and found that upon trying to run Memtest86, the computer would restart about 5 seconds in (~50% through the second test). I removed one of the 2GB sticks of RAM, and the test ran fine (for 7 passes). I tried the other stick of RAM, with the same result. However, upon re-installing both sticks, the memory test would fail again at the exact same spot. All of this memory testing was conducted at both the overclocked and default settings for my motherboard, with neither affecting the results of the memory test.

Does anyone have an idea why this might be occurring? Has anyone else had this issue?

When the machine was originally built, and after it was overclocked, it would pass Memtest86 with flying colors with both sticks of RAM installed, so I am stumped on this one... :angry2:

Yes, the RAM sticks were installed in the proper slots. The computer had been running fine for the past 7 months.

I am starting to suspect a NB/chipset issue...RMA Time???

• 3 weeks later...
I'm no expert on these things but probably yes on RMA time

Update: RMA'ed the mobo, and luckily, got a free upgrade from EVGA (780i FTW) ;)

New Mobo fixed the problem, and I got a better overclock with it than with the old 780i. :D.

Thanks for the help.