Need a good small case

Hey all, it's been a while since I've poked my head around these forums, and I am again in need of some technical assistance. As a gaming enthusiast, I only have experiance building really beastly rigs out of cases like the Antec p180. My grandfather is stuck in a mire of vista and dell and wants something cleaner and easier to use. I have a few XP licenses that are still valid so I was going to put together a little machine for him.

Given that all he does online is play hearts, check his e-mail and update his brokerage accounts, he doesn't need a high performance machine at all. Also, I wanted to go with something small and easy to transport. I was looking over Newegg and did some searching around these forums and I came up with a couple of ideas.

How money efficient are the Shuttle barebones systems? A case that size would be perfect, but they seem a little on the expensive side to me. On the other hand, my understanding is that the barebones systems come with a Mobo, PSU and case, so I'd need to hunt down fewer parts.

Also, I was looking at a p180 mini, as those seem to be getting pretty universal acclaim, but they seem on the expensvie side also.

Are there any other cases about this size that pop out as being good value/$ or decent quality? He wants this computer to last him the rest of his life.

Thank you very much for your help.

You can take a look at the Thermaltake Lanbox Lite, its small like the Shuttle cases just it doesn't come with any of the parts. Its basically just the case itself, pair it with the 785G microATX board, an Athlon II 250, and some DDR3 RAM and you should have a nice little system for your grandfather.