Help with overclock Phenom 9500!

Hi, I'm a complete newbie at overclocking and i would appreciate some help. I just got a Phenom 9500 2.2GHz quad core and was hoping to overclock it. The problem is i can't get a stable overclock, PERIOD! It dosen't matter if the FSB is 215 or 220, it BSOD or restarts after about 10 min of Prime95 if I'm lucky. I've tweaked the voltages from 1.275v to 1.45v and nothing. I would just like to know if there is anything i could do to get a stable overclock preferably around 2.4GHz (FSB 220).

My Setup is:

Asus M2N-SLI (non-deluxe)

Phenom 9500 2.2GHZ Quad

XFX 9800GT 512MB

OCZ 2GB 400MHz DDR2

Thanks

Edited by lilriz92

The old Phenoms were terrible clockers, especially the 9x00 series. 9x50s were better, but still bad. It's possible your chip won't run stable past stock. Maybe someone else could be of more help.

The old Phenoms were terrible clockers, especially the 9x00 series. 9x50s were better, but still bad. It's possible your chip won't run stable past stock. Maybe someone else could be of more help.

The thing is that I've read tons of posts all over the web of people getting 2.4GHz with the stock cooler which is why I'm even pursuing this.