AM3 Cooling

Well...

I successfully overclocked to

235Mhz x 4 = 3.76ghz

1566mhz DDR3 RAM 9-9-9-24

stable...

I might try to get a little more out of it.

61C after 10min 100% CPU stability test...

I dont like going much hotter...

EDIT:

I was running the Windows 7 performance test for kicks and it "stops working" at the ALU test. Is this a graphics card instability? I have my graphics card over clocked at 1035 / 1175.

I reset the graphics card and ran the test again and it still "stop working" a the ALU test.

Any thoughts on this?

Edited by Ethenolas

BTW...

I was able to run this test successfully before overclocking graphics card initially and slightly less overclocked CPU and RAM.

I was not connected to internet...anyone think it could be something caused by windows update?

Guest ajmatson

WOW 61C is really high the max temp threshold for a 955 is 60C. What cooler are you using?

WOW 61C is really high the max temp threshold for a 955 is 60C. What cooler are you using?

:(

I thought it was a little high....I'm using this...

My case meter is measuring 39C but Everest is measuring around 61C during stress test

Too much paste??? I thought I spread it thin enough

Edited by Ethenolas

The Zalman's definitely not the best cooler, in fact the cheaper Xigmatek and Sunbeam HDT coolers outperform it by quite a bit.

Nonetheless, 61C isn't going to hurt the processor. It will cause instability though. Phenom II's are not friendly to temps above 50-55C. Even at stock settings high 50s to high 60s can cause instability. I wouldn't call 10 min of stability testing stable though. Try an overnight run at a voltage step lower.

The Zalman's definitely not the best cooler, in fact the cheaper Xigmatek and Sunbeam HDT coolers outperform it by quite a bit.

Nonetheless, 61C isn't going to hurt the processor. It will cause instability though. Phenom II's are not friendly to temps above 50-55C. Even at stock settings high 50s to high 60s can cause instability. I wouldn't call 10 min of stability testing stable though. Try an overnight run at a voltage step lower.

I'm having a tough time with voltages in my BIOS menu....

Right now they are on Auto

Except memory is at 2V

Here is my cell menu

My voltages should be around __ for cpu and ___ for NB???

My first overclocking experience... :)

Still figuring things out....

Where is the most accurate place to view temps???

Edited by Ethenolas

I use HWMonitor to view temps, google it. I'd say for that kind of overclock you'd need between 1.45 and 1.5V on the core. Not sure about northbridge; one of the major problems with my motherboard is lack of voltage control on the NB.

I use HWMonitor to view temps, google it. I'd say for that kind of overclock you'd need between 1.45 and 1.5V on the core. Not sure about northbridge; one of the major problems with my motherboard is lack of voltage control on the NB.

I think I have something wrong with my graphics drivers....

I can't make it through a 3DVantage test and when I do the windows experience test it gives me this error

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: winsat.exe

Application Version: 6.1.7100.0

Application Timestamp: 49ee91f2

Fault Module Name: atiumd64.dll

Fault Module Version: 8.14.10.671

Fault Module Timestamp: 4a0e2d1d

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Offset: 00000000001870fe

OS Version: 6.1.7100.2.0.0.256.1

Locale ID: 1033