Coolermaster Storm Scout

This is only for those who are looking to buy this case and I won't be at all surprised if admin would like to delete this post as maybe it's just too much info.

The front panel on this case is great, but the included wires are a bit much. For me, having becoming obsessed with cable management, I must remove what I won't use.

The wires are zip-tied to the inside of the front panel and then run through a mount and out the back.

I cut one zip-tie, leaving the other to support the bezel, removed what I don't need, re-zipped and then repeated. No need to rinse between.

The wires take up a lot of the square hole so for me pulling out the e-sata, audio and second usb made a huge difference. Now I have plenty of room for cable management for my old system.

I would post a picture for you here of the wires before I pulled them, but I guess I've posted too much today.

This is after I pulled the wires.

post-67717-1245570189_thumb.jpg

I was going to remove the LED wires but the switch is attached to the wires so I'll leave it for now.

I tested the switch with some LED Screws and it works fine with them, so I gather you could run some case lighting from here if desired with some wiring alterations.

If you do want to remove the LED switch, I used a jewellers flat-head, wiggled it between the clip where the hot glue is blobbed, and eventually it 'clicked' apart. Maybe I'll add lights later.

I plan on running an IDE and Molex cable through the square for 2 Optical drives, plus all the thermal and fan wires for my Kaze Master 5 1/2"

This will read my HD, GPU, Northbridge and CPU and run front/rear fans, side fans, top fan and CPU fan.

I like this controller as it has a warning beeper that will notify you of over 70c ( can read fahrenheit ) and fan failure.

Hope someone found this useful.

Edited by Gregzz4