Intel 775 cpu cooler

hi mental i'm in australia and i'm running the ocz vendetta 2 on my q6600.

i gotta say at stock speeds the thing is one of the coolest around. i haven't really attempted OCing yet though but when i pushed it to 3.2ghz it never broke 45C when at full load using OCCT.

i didn't mount my vendetta 2 myself but it has the intel push pins and not a bolt through kit and i've heard of instances of bowing or breaking of motherboards because it is quite heavy and uses the push pins.

also another note is that i'm running my rig inside an antec 1200 full tower and the top of the heat pipes / fan only clears the side pannel by no more than 2cm (rough measurement). given my case width is 21.3cm and yours is 20.5cm it should just fit.

but doing a little reading on the xigmatek they're more or less the same cooler by different companies. same mounting to mobo, same fan mounting, same dimensions, same direct touch heatpipe

i know this probably hasn't been much help. but at the end of the day its your call.

Thanx for your advice, i think im now convinced to buy OCZ vendetta 2. Are push pins the same way you mount a stock intel cooler? because i cant stand them...i almost broke my motherboard trying to put it on

Hmm,yes and no,the push pins are fine but i prefer bolt through.The stability of push pins is good look here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N99uS5zE8I8

:lol:

thanks for the laugh. i wasn't questioning if it would secure it fine. but eitherway i retract my earlier comment about mobo damage. i think i must of miss-read something a while ago or might have read a story about some person who didn't know what they were doing.

as far as i'm aware they're very similar if not the same as the stock intel heatsink pushpins. but i have heard you can purchase a non-ocz manufactured bolt through kit for 775 socket which apparently works fine

http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/cooling/2...etta-2/comments