Please Help With Overclocking

is this any better?

binjwi.jpg

Yes its better but its still overclocked a bit. You want to get the ram under 333 so that it wont restrict your max cpu overclock. Then after you get as high as you can with cpu and its stable, you can raise up the ram as high as you can get it stable. Do you understand? Is there anywhere in your bios where you can change your ram to ddr 400 or 533 instead of 667? That way you will start off way lower and you have freedom to put your fsb much higher without the ram limiting your overclock

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

been running PRIME95 for over 6 hours, and no BSOD. here are the pics of what im testing.

also, i think thats the lowest i can go with the memory, about the frequency

24lrkbc.jpg19axp2.jpg2dvmwe8.jpg

cpu temps sometimes get to 53C

Edited by zheka1

Temps will be okay. Thats a heck of an overclock. Prime is a good program to check memory and cpu. Your memory sure can handle a lot. I am glad you got it up there. Thanks for posting back, I was wondering if you ever got what i was saying. Also have you tried IntelBurnTest? Its very good at checking the CPU stability. Its very quick. Sometimes you can prime for 4 hours and find an error that IBT can find in minutes. I use prime all the time but I IBT when i overclock the cpu without the ram so. Its a pretty neat stability test. It doesnt mean anything cause if an overclock is stable for what you do it just doesnt matter. I found most computer that are prime stable for 4 hours and fail in 6 are still pretty darn stable in most every task. Sometimes i think certain games will test your stability better than any test. I seen many computers crash from games where as prime stable until we backed off the overclock!

One thing also, when i was running prime95, i was playing GRID. It was glitching a very little bit, that you can barely notice it was glitching. I was playing for 6 hours, and no problems. So im guessing that was pretty stable.

also, how much is my memory overcloked, like is it doubled, trippled. and you think that i can overlock memory as well? or its good enough

Freaking hell, that OC is massive!! The RAM overclock is also massive. 333.5mhz to 470mhz. You might want to change the memory divider because if you want to go further you're RAM will stop you in synchronized mode (1:1)

eg.

If you were running at FSB:RAM 5:4. At 470 FSB your RAM would be running at only 376 not a massive 470. That gives you more room to add more FSB.

I think you can go further!

Edited by jgv115

but there is no option in bios to set the devider specificly. Only option that changes, is the System Memory Multiplier (SPD) and the options are not in 1:1, 5:4, etc, format

I see Memory Frequency under System memory multiplier.

If you change the system memory multiplier, does the memory frequency change? If it does, get the Memory frequency to the lowest you can get it then start upping the CPU host frequency

If it's at it's lowest then your overclock is seeing it's end.

2 more options:

1) Keep pushing the RAM by adding to the memory voltage until it just cannot go anymore.

2) Get faster RAM

Anyway, you should be happy. You've done a heck of an overclock with your system.

Edited by jgv115