Computer freezing

Hey,

The problem im having is that one of my computer is randomly freezing. This happens during startup as well as when in windows. So far i have excluded the harddrive and Power supply from the list of suspects as these have been replaced since the problem first occured. I have scanned the memory with memtest and so far this has not picked up any errors.

The Computers specs are:

Pentium 4 3.2ghz

Epox 4PDA3

Corsair CX-400

2GB Kingston DDR 400

250GB harddrive

HD2600 pro

I would really like to get this computer back up and working so if any of you have an idea as to how to find what the problem is i would really appreciate your help.

Did you check you event viewer for clues? Very seldom i do get lucky there

f you run memtest all night with no errors then all i can think to do is remove all unnecessary add on cards (video,modem,lan, whatever) , all usb devices, or just anything it can run in its most basic form, load up in safe mode, and if its still locking up my guess would be the board, but if its fixed then add one thing back at a time till you find it

That would be just my long distance guess based on the little info available, but it could be bad bad

Ive looked through eventviewer but there doesnt seem to be anything of interest in there. I am currently running memtest and will leave it on overnight. Is there any way that i would be able to test the motherboard or processor for faults.

Ive looked through eventviewer but there doesnt seem to be anything of interest in there. I am currently running memtest and will leave it on overnight. Is there any way that i would be able to test the motherboard or processor for faults.

Wouldnt a stress test program like prime95 or occt be able to test the cpu for faults? I'm not sure about this though.

yes he could check is cpu but i doubt it is, never seen one go out like that. but if its a new build its always good to burntest, it would be a long shot but there i guess there is a chance, probably a small chance, but really there isnt much else i know to do, what i find strange is that even if its the motherboard is should be "freezing" even in memtest just as it does the OS, I was expecting memtest to just freeze, not fail but freeze like the OS. thats a good sign for the mobo

iS THERE NOT ANOTHER VIDEO CARD YOU COULD TRY? thats where i would look, I have seen bad vram cause a computer screen to just go black and the computer lock up, everytime it restarted it would do it at different spots like the logon screen or within mins of starting the OS no matter what it was doing, sounds similar?

I attempted to run memtest overnight but the computer froze at around midnight, so i can not see the results. I have switched the video card to an x850pro and still the problem persists. From looking at the capacitors they seem to all look normal.

The freezes started to happen when I reformatted the computer after coming back from holidays, before this there were practically no errors with it. It first started freezing during the windows installation.

When my brother tried to turn it on today it came up with the post code C0 and the system speaker played a siren sound, which the motherboard manual say is:

Early Chipset Initialization:

-Disable shadow RAM

-Disable L2 cache (socket 750 and below)

-Program basic chipset registers

I'm not sure if this is to do with the problem or it just froze on this. I have seen this happen once before with this computer just after installing windows.