rotating megahalems on gigabyte ex58 extreme

Fans have arrived! Installed yesterday, looks like a good fit. had to use tywraps to mount fans, metal clips that came with megahalems still interfered with memory chips...

but tywraps worked fine. Here is a pix of the megahalems in the cosmos case, and another closeup pix showing the clearance of the right fan and memory chips..

The first memory slot is still blocked by the head of the tywrap, and the bottom of the fan would interfere with the top of a memory chip in slot 1.....

got 6 gigs in there now, would probably have to go with three 4 gig?? chips in the future if i want to upgrade to 12gb...

the fans are light enough that i might be able to just use the top tywraps to hold the fans, and go with a lower profile memory chip to be able to fill in the first slot....

but that is for the future....6 gigs should do me fine now..

one interesting thing here is that each 120x20 yate loon fan on the megahalem puts out more CFM than the fan to the left of the megahalems on the back of the cosmos...

two strong fans blowing into one quiet medium fan....wonder if the slower back fan will have a problem exhausting the heat from the higher airflow yates.....?? There are two medium speed quiet fans in the top of the case to help out....

now gotta hook up the wires and clean up this mess!!

post-67255-1242316926_thumb.jpg

post-67255-1242316881_thumb.jpg

Sounds like a plan. Good luck and keep us posted!