One GPU working better than Two?

hellion

Please help me understand what the problem is here. I know my video cards are not the best. After doing some reading in here we probably should have gotten one better card but these were really cheap at CompUsa and we were guided toward them early on in our projects.

I just tested my graphics in WoW, with all the settings maxed out, took a flight or two and noticed the graphics hanging which was not happening running just the one graphics card. So I have it on one card now.

When I add a card, the NVidia program goes ahead and sets up something which says "SLi enabled", and when I remove the card that goes away. Is there some other place I should be setting up for two cards. Or....

is this an issue with heat? I had the two cards side by side and was thinking of moving the second card down to the further-away slot for room to breathe, so to speak. I wasn't doing anything in WoW but running around in an isolated area and it did seem rather warm inside the case when I opened it.

The only other thing I can think is that this is either a HDrive issue, PSU or maybe just WoW lag?

I did look around to see if there were any other postings on this, and if so, I apologize in advance for missing it.

Please help me understand what the problem is here. I know my video cards are not the best. After doing some reading in here we probably should have gotten one better card but these were really cheap at CompUsa and we were guided toward them early on in our projects.

I just tested my graphics in WoW, with all the settings maxed out, took a flight or two and noticed the graphics hanging which was not happening running just the one graphics card. So I have it on one card now.

When I add a card, the NVidia program goes ahead and sets up something which says "SLi enabled", and when I remove the card that goes away. Is there some other place I should be setting up for two cards. Or....

is this an issue with heat? I had the two cards side by side and was thinking of moving the second card down to the further-away slot for room to breathe, so to speak. I wasn't doing anything in WoW but running around in an isolated area and it did seem rather warm inside the case when I opened it.

The only other thing I can think is that this is either a HDrive issue, PSU or maybe just WoW lag?

I did look around to see if there were any other postings on this, and if so, I apologize in advance for missing it.

Wow isnt multi gpu configured, unless they added it in the new engine upgrade that came with 3.1 (i get the same fps with multi gpu or single gpu enabled on my gtx295)