Phenom 940 OC problems :)

Unamed

Hi, i decided overclok my Phenom II 940 cpu,and i face with the problem. As the end of overclock i reach max 3.6 GHz stable with stock Vcore. I just pull core multiplayer and Vcore no more,but didin`t reach also 3,8GHz. Did you dear people have any ideas ,how i could OC my cpu more then 3.7-3.8GHz. If it not be hard,could you write in yours postes objective what i need to do, or increased in bios ,or left auto settigs. Very thank you for this ! :)

MB`s - GA-MA790GP-DS4H

RAM - A-data overclock extreme edition 2x2gb 800MHz

PSU - 700w

cpu cooler AC/64/freezer.pro.

VGA - HD4870 512mb.

PS. If i Increase FSB 225x16,5(multiplayer) i reach 3.7GHz,but after 20minits i face to blue screen in my monitor,and where be written "Physical memory dumping" thats all. Thx for answer`s :))

Edited by Unamed

Hi, i decided overclok my Phenom II 940 cpu,and i face with the problem. As the end of overclock i reach max 3.6 GHz stable with stock Vcore. I just pull core multiplayer and Vcore no more,but didin`t reach also 3,8GHz. Did you dear people have any ideas ,how i could OC my cpu more then 3.7-3.8GHz. If it not be hard,could you write in yours postes objective what i need to do, or increased in bios ,or left auto settigs. Very thank you for this ! :)

MB`s - GA-MA790GP-DS4H

RAM - A-data overclock extreme edition 2x2gb 800MHz

PSU - 700w

cpu cooler AC/64/freezer.pro.

VGA - HD4870 512mb.

PS. If i Increase FSB 225x16,5(multiplayer) i reach 3.7GHz,but after 20minits i face to blue screen in my monitor,and where be written "Physical memory dumping" thats all. Thx for answer`s :))

First of all leave you fsb @ 200, then oc w/ the multi, & leave HT @ 1800

Don't be afraid to bump up the cpu voltage @ least 1 notch (1.5v is in AMD Phenom II spec)

Bumping up the voltage on the HT, & NB busses will help you make stable oc

Run your memory in "both", & "unganged" mode

I run my AMD 940 @ 3.8Ghz 24/7 and for up to 8hrs straight @ 100% utilization on all four cores reencoding blu rays