Good Memory For Overclocking On X58 Motherboard

uneedav8

Can anyone recommend some good memory for overclocking on the x58 motherboard? I am thinking of getting tri-channel pack of 2 gig modules. What speed should I get and brand? PC3-1600 speed or something higher? How much will lower latency ones make on the system? Thanks.

Edited by uneedav8

I have DDR3-1600 OCZ Platinum very good over clockers, They arent XMP so you have to set everything manually but they are rated at 7-7-7-20 @1600 I am over clocked to 3.6 right now and they are showing up on CPU-Z 4-7-7-20. The others I can recommend are Corsair Dominator @1600 8-8-8-24 very good overclockers. These 2 are about the most popular followed by Gskill, they sound generic, but use Samsung chips very good ram.

Well look at that. I was talking about my ram, then I go to the front page and there is a brand new review on it

http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/oc...12800_platinum/ check it out. overclocked from 1600-1900mhz 9-8-7-28 timings.

$139 for 6bg kit at NE. I paid $170 from them a month ago. Tri Channel is finally coming down in price.

Edited by Limegrntaln