E8400 @ 4.0 How Low Can You Get Your Vcore?

RJR

1.4v on VTT(aka cpu termination) and 1.6v on PLL

You likely dont need any higher than stock 1.2v and 1.5v for those speeds. MCH you can prob do well with 1.22v, so that is likely overvolted as well if on Auto

When using the ET6 OC'ing settings Auto on MCH/VTT/PLL will likely set them to

PLL:1.85V

VTT:1.6V

MCH:1.4V

Which is way too high for [email protected], let alone only 450fsb and 4Ghz

And VID is the default vcore voltage on your chip, most likely its 1.25v but lower ones OC well but get hot

Edited by SpeedEuphoria

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

so if i just set the vcore to auto it will tell me the VID? or how do I find out

edit: hmm I took the vtt, pll, and mch off of auto and set them to the recommended 1.2, 1.5, and 1.22 respectively, and the board automatically reset the bios, it wouldn't even start up with those settings. I left the mch at 1.22 and set the vtt and and pll back to auto and it started ok. Is there a way I can see what the vtt and pll are, when they are set to auto?

Edited by Fight Game

Look in ET6 under Tuner/advanced/voltages. Mine wouldn't work above 3.6GHZ on that auto settings(well with my E8400, havent tried it with the Q9650). Basically if anything you can try it to see what is changed, then you can go back into the bios and change it manually, except for lowering those couple things.

The voltages will be fine on auto but not when you use ET6 to OC, as then it will raise them.

I bet its the high VTT that is helping, as VTT is tied to the references. SO if you change VTT it changes MCH or CPU ref's. You prob need to play around with those.

Start with a little lower speed and lower voltages, then run memtest and see what mch reference your setup likes(normally lower). Then do the same with prime small fft's and play with cpu reference(normally higher)

Edited by SpeedEuphoria

Doesn't the screenshot need to be saved in a picture program that can then be saved somewhere on the net (I use photobucket.com), that can then be linked here so we can all see it? Or is there an easier way and is then considered a screenshot?

Much easier way... Press "Print Screen". Open MS Paint, hit CTRL+V. Save as whatever you want to where ever you want on your computer. Go to OCC, hit "Add Reply" (Fast Reply doesn't work for this) and type your text. After that, look below the text box and there is an "Attachments" section. Use that. The forums automatically downsizes it so it doesn't take much space or time to load. Then you click on it for the fullsize shot.

i'm @ 450 x 9 for 4050 mhz atm. vcore is 1.320 on full load. however my temperatures are peaking @ 74 degrees celcius while hovering around 68 degrees most of the time. is this ok? or should i be worried about the temperatures.

Those temps are a bit high, you probz want to shave off about 5 - 10C to help keep life in your proc, i never get my 8400 above 60C on load and my vcore is 1.40, what cooler do you have?

Edited by Timmy94