Any Mma Fans In The House?

Dave W.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are we just going to discuss UFC in this thread, or is anyone up for talking about non-televised MMA?

Just found this http://sherdog.com/news/news/War-Gods-The-...ight-Card-15848 Ken Shamrock is co-promoting it. i guess the only way he can get a fight is to pay for the show himself :lol:

Tank's fighting too, much the same can be said about him but i always liked his style and look forward to see how this one goes down.

Yeah i think he should have quit too. He announced his retirement after Tito bet him for the third time but i guess it's hard for these guys to quit, they want to feel like they still have what it takes to keep up with the younger guys. Couture as well, not saying he's a bad fighter or anything but he doesn't want to retire either. In fact Randy's one of the best guy's to come back strong after a loss. I look forward to his next fight.

If the mma venues keep growing like it does now, I won't be surprised if it gets to the level of, say pro boxing, money wise. Heavyweight boxing used to dominate in the past when they had heavyweight prized fighters, but not no more. Jones gotten old, Dela Hoya too.

MMA is only a little over 15 years old, and already some fighters are making over a million dollars a fight (when arlovski got ko'd by fedor he made 1.5 mill just to show). I don't think it will be long before MMA reaches the level of pro boxing seeing as how Lesnar is drawing a such a huge fan base from people that watch WWE and affliction's recent involvement with golden boy. I think MMA is far more exciting than boxing and hopefully when about 5 million people buy a golden boy show on PPV and see fedor or belfort knocking someone out or choking someone unconscious they will think so too.