Custom Led's

Anyone have experience in riging custom LED's? I want to put 30-40 UV LED's in custom locations I need to know the voltage requirements of runing this meny on the PSU.

FW current: 20mA

FW supply 3.2v (Typical). 3.8V (max)

These are the lights I want to run. How do I figure out how meny I can string together. and how much this will draw on the PSU?

Thanks in advance :)

P = I x V

if you run them off the 5V line, it'll be 0.1 W = 5 V x 0.02 A...

LED @ 3.2 V -> resistor: (5 V - 3.2 V) / 0.02 A = 90 ohms (90.9 standard)

LED @ 3.8 V -> resistor: (5 V - 3.8 V) / 0.02 A = 60 ohms (60.4 standard)

you could also run banks of 3 with one resistor on the 12V line

whether you run:

5V -> LED -> resistor -> 0V

or:

12V -> LED -> LED -> LED -> resistor -> 0V

you would then run these LED-resistor sets in parallel

you could run a LOT of LEDs lol... they don't use much power... you might want to kill yourself soldering that many though unless you are very patient :lol:

;) Been using that one for quite some time. If the tools are there why bother with all the complex formulas and such? :P

If you actually do the calculations you might learn something though...:P

I did the work manually when I built my 25x25 array...the soldering took far longer than the calculating anyway. :lol:

The 200 mm fan on the antec 900 is to damn blah for my tastes so its getting 10 then the frot bezel will get 10 and then im going to strategically place 10 or 15 inside the case. I know they dont use much im just an over zealous detail freak and an over cautious carpenter who loves the small tedious details. It is the little things you do sometimes that make the biggest difference. 9 years in a custom cabnet shop kinda makes you that way, comfortably numb to the things that make others rush through and 1/2azz it.

Thanks guys :)