Cpu And Case Fans Help

oggie

Hi peeps

Need a bit of advise, got 120mm Fan @1500RPM at the back of my case that takes the air out and thinking if its worth it to replace this with another fan...if yes can somebody recommend one. Also have Visit My Website, thinking of getting another fan and putting it on other side of cooler...so original fan blows the air onto it and other sucks it out. Would this make difference when comes to CPU temp

Thanks for your input

PS. Happy New Year

What kind of temps are you experiencing now? My E8400 OC'd to 4.3Ghz runs cool w/ a Xigmatek S1283.

For fans it depends on how much Noise you can tolerate, for cheap fans Yate Loon for jab-Tech are great. If you want/need higher power fans and can accept the noise or have a fan controller to turn them down then other options are out there

What kind of temps are you experiencing now? My E8400 OC'd to 4.3Ghz runs cool w/ a Xigmatek S1283.

For fans it depends on how much Noise you can tolerate, for cheap fans Yate Loon for jab-Tech are great. If you want/need higher power fans and can accept the noise or have a fan controller to turn them down then other options are out there

Would like something powerfull and not too loud for for case fan - could put up with a bit of noise for better fan power though.

Currently getting 38C idle and 72C when run Intelburn (know that pushes it more then any other stress problem) and 55C in Prime.

Want to push my CPU a bit more so am wondering is another CPU fan would help or should i start looking into water.Dont know anything about water though ........not sure if should go just CPU or NB and GPU

Thanks for your help :thumbs-up:

Yeah the Xigmatek fan is not that powerful so replacing that with 2 better fans would help some, dont expect miracles but 5C drop or so is what i would expect if you have 3 new fans.

What Vcore are you using to get your current clock speed? Maybe a little more tweaking can get you lower Vcore and temps to run at that speed?

As i'm still undecided if to go for watercooling i got off my backside today and got cable management done in my pc. As said before idle CPU temp was 38C, well now its 32-33C :blink: Cant bel;ieve it could make that much of a difference