First Intel Oc

Djghost

Well, today I finally compiled all the parts for my build.

I had it running for months, but was getting parts to be able to OC one @ a time.

Lapped q6600 G0, now OC'd to 3.6ghz stable, tested for 6 hours on Prime95.

Coolermaster V8, This thing is a monster, temps never went over 65, will probably lower these as I dial in my voltages, currently @ 1.29 to be safe.

Gigabyte EP45-UD3P, Got this thing off Newegg on black friday for 99 dollars, great deal IMO

OCZ Fatality ddr2 1066 2gbx2 kit, Got this for like 39 dollars on neweggs black friday, another great deal

8800GTX 768mb by eVGA, got this card from a friend for the best price ever, free :D

BFG 550watt psu, Still need to upgrade this to something bigger in the future, but it's providing the power I need atm.

Antec 900 Case, all fans on high, had to remove the side panel fan due to size of the V8, hoping to do a casemod to remedy this in the futre.

Anyways, this is my first run in years and I think I did a pretty good job. Will be aiming for that elusive 4.0ghz later, but I am going to let my as5 settle in for a month or 2 first, and find a way to get that side fan back on.

very very nice. especially for a first OC. Gratz.

Thanks for the compliment, hopefully I can increase this further. Have to alot it time though, dont want to push it while breaking in the as5.

On another note, has anybody else tried installing this cooler into a 900? lol