Is There A Chance For More Performance?

bizzmark

I want more peformance , but i dont know how,im only looking for a marginal increase .5 to 1 ghz right now, so its not going to produce alot of heat also for system stability reasons,i need some help here,plz give yor advice or solutions

am i able to do this?

can this work with my pc?

Edited by bizzmark

I want more peformance , but i dont know how,im only looking for a marginal increase .5 to 1 ghz right now, so its not going to produce alot of heat also for system stability reasons,i need some help here,plz give yor advice or solutions

am i able to do this?

can this work with my pc?

I have a

MCP73 motherboard from Nvidia,no heat sink, just a fan,?. Vista home premium, 3gb ram.3450 ati graphics card

400 watts power supply

Acer Aspire m5460

Yeah when i got it,was built. its 2.5 ghz stocki like to get it to 3 for now ,and see how it works.

Im going to look into getting a bigger suply of power, i think its 400

id have to look, but if i did overclock say to 3ghz,would this be possible without more cooling and power?or not recommended?

Imean a 5640 aspire not a 5460

same #s wrong arrangement :D

Edited by bizzmark

Most prebuilt computers have their BIOS locked, so it's either a "you can", "you cant", or "not enough options" [to overclock]

If you can overclock your CPU through the BIOS, you are going to have to make sure your temps don't rise above 60 degrees Celsius. Since you have the stock heatsink that might be a problem.

Then comes the motherboard, I have never used that chipset so I wouldn't know how it does in this situation.

Honestly I wouldn't expect much out of your current rig.

EDIT: Next time do not make another thread concerning the same problem, just make another post in it to bump it up (if you have a valid excuse, or no one has posted, yet don't resurrect month old threads)

Edited by damian

I have ntune, it has 2 ajustable colcks, in the CPU it has front side bus reading from 100 to 700 mhz

its at 239 right now

in the motherboard section it has both FSB and PCI clock so this makes it overclockable through ntune to a degree right?

the temps without load are moving between low 30's to mid 30's is this normal?

what is normal for temps during a mid level graphics intensive game likeCompany of heroes?

if i get another 80mm fan and set it up at the back high will this take my temps down enough to get away with a liitle more