Need Help,want To Overclock .thnks

bizzmark

reading some reviews about the 7200 and it seems that it has a overclocking potential and happens to be the processor in my comp and i want to fully take this opportunity to make it a even better comp. Is thier any tips about how ican overclock do i need more airflow cooling?or can i get away with a smaller increase of .5 to 1 more ghz without doing anything costly? should i attempt to try it myself?only for reasons related to pc games and more performance.

You BIOS is probably locked down. Most retail computers are. Your gonna have to use software. Dont expect to get a real nice OC using software. Actuall you could probably find a real nice p45 mobo for a decent price if you feel like putting a lil elbow grease in it. Thats what i would do.

You BIOS is probably locked down. Most retail computers are. Your gonna have to use software. Dont expect to get a real nice OC using software. Actuall you could probably find a real nice p45 mobo for a decent price if you feel like putting a lil elbow grease in it. Thats what i would do.

I have a nvidia 7100 motherboard,isthis something i can work with you think?

i have ntune can this help get a decent stable overclock,if i was able to overclock through the bios where would i find the tools to do the overclock,would i need to ajust the voltage after a overclock,i only want a small overclock to i dont want to ruin this comp, do i need a larger power supply?i think it s only 300 watts.

I have a nvidia 7100 motherboard,isthis something i can work with you think?

i have ntune can this help get a decent stable overclock,if i was able to overclock through the bios where would i find the tools to do the overclock,would i need to ajust the voltage after a overclock,i only want a small overclock to i dont want to ruin this comp, do i need a larger power supply?i think it s only 300 watts.

ntune is a great overclocking program but it never worked for me, your BIOS in all certainty WILL Mbe locked down, only boot priorities and stuff like that can be accessed.

Personally I would not go for a voltage overclock, it may total you PC, your best bet would be to overclock the FSB, this speeds up the rate of data going in and out of the processor which makes not only your procesor faster but most of your PC too, (Graphics, RAM, etc.) you shouldn't need too much more power to use an FSB overclock, but I dont really know, seeing as my PSU is waay over the needs of my PC.

By the way, what is your PC specs? (probably gonna help if you post them)

ntune is a great overclocking program but it never worked for me, your BIOS in all certainty WILL Mbe locked down, only boot priorities and stuff like that can be accessed.

Personally I would not go for a voltage overclock, it may total you PC, your best bet would be to overclock the FSB, this speeds up the rate of data going in and out of the processor which makes not only your procesor faster but most of your PC too, (Graphics, RAM, etc.) you shouldn't need too much more power to use an FSB overclock, but I dont really know, seeing as my PSU is waay over the needs of my PC.

By the way, what is your PC specs? (probably gonna help if you post them)

I tried to upload my msinfo but when it finished it says this type of of file may not be permmited,a NFO file how can i change this into a different type of file?

I tried to upload my msinfo but when it finished it says this type of of file may not be permmited,a NFO file how can i change this into a different type of file?

what is the ideal idle temp? i installed another fan and its hovering between high 20's and low 30's at basicaly idle speed,?