A Good Way To Burn In A Gpu.

ocmooz

Hi y'all I just got done lapping and applying AS-5 to another GPU for a friend and wondered how I should burn it in. I decided to try a few things to see what got the card to produce the most heat for the longest time. I am doing the burn-in without OC of course and I'm running RivaTuner's monitoring to keep an eye on temp. So after I tried a couple benchmark programs and stress tests, which didn't really get me what I wanted, I remembered something that happened a couple weeks back. I had just gotten iTunes 8 and was in awe of the new visualizer, well an hour later I looked down at my case to see that the temp (of the case) was really high (like 20f above ambient!). :O Quickly I checked all the temp sensors and found the culprit to be my GPU. So I added another fan and made sure the GPU had its fan maxed and that helped out. Now today I remembered how taxing that little light show is and how I was looking for something that would get the card to cook continuously until I wanted to stop it. Problem solved! Now how cool is that? :lol: I attached a screeny to show how I got mine set up. Have fun!

post-63946-1224457635_thumb.jpg