Mbm5

hick

my mbm5 says privlaged instrution when i try to start it :( and there is also an error behind the splash screen but i cant read that... i tried to reinstall using all 3 of the options (boot,system, and the other one). still cant get it :(

windows sp1

a7n8x-dx rev2

barton 2500

sata 120gb

From the Motherboard monitor website:

All NT based OS do not allow a program to directly access hardware, so a system driver is needed to do this.

When you install MBM it will offer you to install the MBMIO driver, this is the driver needed for MBM to access you hardware.

If this driver is not installed or not running then you get the privileged instruction error message.

There are a few causes:

- the driver is not installed: to fix simply re-install MBM and if asked re-install the driver

- The driver has not yet been started by Windows when it starts MBM: to fix simply re-install MBM, select to re-install the MBMIO driver and then select a higher starting level, so if the install suggests the driver should be started automatic you select system, if the install suggest system you select boot.

If the above does fix it but not works when you have set MBM to autostart with windows then simply turn that feature off in MBM and make a shortcut to MBM in your startup folder, programs there are often started a little bit later

- Alex