Q9550 And P5q3 Deluxe Large Difference In Core Temp

Hunty

Hi chaps.

Firstly I apologize, I have no idea what I am doing. But I did read as much as I coud understand of the graysky guide. System specs are as follows:

Asus P5Q3 Deluxe/Wifi ,

Intel Q9550 Quad ,

Asus Slient Knight II Copper CPU Cooler ,

Team Xtreem DD3 1800/4GB Kit Memory ,

Seagate 1 TB 32 Mb Cache SATA HDD ,

Asus EAH4850 512 MB PCIE Graphics ,

Pioneer DVDR-216BK SATA 20x ,

Aerocool AE-HP1020 1020W PSU ,

Lian Li PC-7FW Black Aluminum Case

Here is what I did in the Bios:

1) Set memory timings to8 8 8 24 2T as per Teem Xtreem DDR3-1800 specs.

2) Change FSB to 400 Mhz

3) Change FSB strap to 400 MHz.

Thats it.

Firstly, here is RealTemp at idle:

screen2.jpg

and here is the detail on Prime 95, CPUZ and Realtemp under load after about 25 minutes or so (sorry u have to click to view full image to read numbers properly):

Screen.jpg

Seems to run stable but, if anybody can assist:

1) why is core 1 temp so much higher than the others ? Does this mean heatsink not mounted properly ?

2) seems I have probably a way to go before it chokes... reckon I should just wind up the FSB to 450 MHz (limit of memory) ?

3) maybe tweak down the voltage a tad ?

Any advice appreciated

Hunty

Edited by Hunty

The temperature spread you are seeing is normal. The sensors are calibrated for TjMax. The further from this value the more inaccurate the sensors are.

Looking at your screenshot the system doesn't appear stable either. The missing lines for the boxes in the first CPU-Z is a good indication.

The temperature difference seems normal. However, you could check if your HS is flat. If not, lapping it could help.

But if you do not feel for it, don't bother. This difference is not critical at all.

The temperature spread you are seeing is normal. The sensors are calibrated for TjMax. The further from this value the more inaccurate the sensors are.

Looking at your screenshot the system doesn't appear stable either. The missing lines for the boxes in the first CPU-Z is a good indication.

Thanks for the temp distribution advice and Praz very observant.... I did not notice any missing text lines from CPUZ at all and will check this out further.

Just to add, I did have it running 3DMark06 without any gliches as well, but something doesn't feel quite right about the fact that all I really did was ramp up the FSB and nothing else really... :unsure:

I've since reset everything in the BIOS to auto (with the exception of the memory timings) till I learn a bit more.