Oc Questions

winterlord

i started on a asus p5wd2-e premium board, after to many problems 2 rma's asus upgraded it for me.

i don't think im comfortable with my knowledge and or overclocks, but they seem ok. however i would like to make my PC faster, and learn more. iv looked everywhere to figure the p5k prem board out including post in the asus forum. all i can find info on is core 2 dou and quad. on my old board i actually melted a sata wire and where the wire connects to the 120gb wd HD i had.

a good article about pentium D 940 would be good. also i set the south brridge to the lowest possablee voltage, cause i dont wanna melt another sata wire. also i havee the best graphics card iv ever endulged myself in wich is the 9800gtx (not the best but most i could afford) iv looked around trying to find what the best setting on the MB is for the pci-e bus for that card. cant find anything but definatly dont wana damage it. for no everything ecept fsb frequency dram timmings and memory and south bridge i manualy set left all else on auto. surly on air i can pass 3.6ghz on the D 940 without6 getting into the noob danger clock zone. any help would be great.

need more speed. staying on air, but want to make it faster without going into danger areas

this is cpuz info

Northbridge Intel P35/G33/G31 rev. A2

Southbridge Intel 82801IR (ICH9R) rev. 02

Graphic Interface PCI-Express

PCI-E Link Width x16

PCI-E Max Link Width x16

Memory Type DDR2

Memory Size 3072 MBytes

Channels Dual (Symmetric)

Memory Frequency 402.4 MHz (1:2)

CAS# 5.0

RAS# to CAS# 5

RAS# Precharge 5

Cycle Time (tRAS) 15

Command Rate 2T

ASUS P5K premium

pentium d 940 (3.2ghz) OC to 3.64ghz

zalman cooler 59c full load (undr passmark burn-in test) 41-43idle MB temp is 30-34 max

windows vista x32 for now

3gb crucial ballistix 800mhz. 5-5-5-15 running at 928mhz

PNY 9800gtx

cooler master 550w (model: real power) only has 1 pci-e power connector