Asus P5 E3 Wifi /lga 775 Q9450 Core 2 Quad

New to this website didn't search the topic to much wanted to create my first post... I'm having trouble OC ing My Core 2 Quad Q9450 CPU using my Asus P5 E3 Wifi Mobo. Everytime I OC my bios tell me there is a problem with the overclocking and it won't boot. I would like to get it to at least 3.0 GHz from the 2.66 Ghz its at. I have read your review on the Q9450 it was informative but I seem to still be having problems. I might not be using the right voltage making it unstable. If someone has this same set up I would appreciate any help they can offer. Thanks ahead

New to this website didn't search the topic to much wanted to create my first post... I'm having trouble OC ing My Core 2 Quad Q9450 CPU using my Asus P5 E3 Wifi Mobo. Everytime I OC my bios tell me there is a problem with the overclocking and it won't boot. I would like to get it to at least 3.0 GHz from the 2.66 Ghz its at. I have read your review on the Q9450 it was informative but I seem to still be having problems. I might not be using the right voltage making it unstable. If someone has this same set up I would appreciate any help they can offer. Thanks ahead

Might help if I give you my specs...

Mobo-Asus P5E3 deluxe/wifi

CPU- Core 2 Quad Q9450 2.66 Ghz LGA 775

Graphics Card- 8800gt 512mb

PSU-PC power&cooling 610W

Ram-Corsair 4gb DDR3-1333

Heatsink- Artic Pro

Thats pretty similar to my wifes rig.

You should be able to do 400 x 8 fairly easily. Start with 1.3 volts on the CPU and up the NB volts a small increase since you are using 4GB of memory. Set the memory volts and timings manually see what you get.