Overclocking Newbie

steven66

So I have the Asus EAH4870 video card, PC Power & Cooling (S75CF) Silencer 750 Quad Crossfire 750W ATX V2.2 EPS12 24PIN Active PFC Power Supply Red, a 9450 quad core cpu and ASUS Striker II motherboard.

The video card came with a program called AI Suite that will overclock for me but I'm not sure I trust/know enough not to ruin the computer.

I can overclock 5% and so on and so forth using this tool and or just do stuff separately.

I know nothing about overclocking but I have read and heard my motherboard is built for overclocking.

Any help or experience with this program would be helpful.

With Ati cards the easiest is just to use CCC. Bump it up a bit, then test with games and benchmarks etc. If you do it slow with plenty of testing you should be able to tell when it is getting to it's limits by seeing 'artifacts', or glitches in the picture. You also need to keep an eye on the temps during testing but really it is just a matter of pushing up the wee slider and waiting for it to say no.

Also, dont bother overclocking the memory, it is more likely to crap out first and wont really make much of a difference to performance, it can also be damaged by excess heat.

So I have the Asus EAH4870 video card, PC Power & Cooling (S75CF) Silencer 750 Quad Crossfire 750W ATX V2.2 EPS12 24PIN Active PFC Power Supply Red, a 9450 quad core cpu and ASUS Striker II motherboard.

The video card came with a program called AI Suite that will overclock for me but I'm not sure I trust/know enough not to ruin the computer.

I can overclock 5% and so on and so forth using this tool and or just do stuff separately.

I know nothing about overclocking but I have read and heard my motherboard is built for overclocking.

Any help or experience with this program would be helpful.

you could also use atitool wich is very easy to use it shows if any artifacts come up when overclocking at the same time i just stared overclocking my cpu and gpu and i have been using atitool for overcloking my ati card. here is a good place to learn about overclocking your card http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/overclock-gr...view-30739.html

http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=725

Edited by reho1990