Lcd Tv As Monitor?

dshiznit1

Would this lcd tv be close to as good as this monitor (using the tv as a monitor) for everyday multitasking and movie watching?

Both have a 1000:1 contrast ratio, 300 cd/m2 brightness, 5 ms response, and 1680 x 1050 resolution.

Insignia 22" LCD tv vs. Samsung 2253BW

Its only $50 more to get a TV tuner which would be sweet for my dorm room next year.

The TV won't need a tuner as it already has one. All you'll need to do is use the DVI port on your card and hook it up to the TV.

I see they're both about the same dimension wise, the TV will likely do you more good. No lag from the tuner card and everything's good to go. Plus you can hook multiple things up to the TV. (Computer, consoles and cable)

Guest happyday999

Yes indeed, what nVidia_Freak said is quite right. you can get more from a tv than a monitor.

Just be weary of the TV resolution. In this case, it'll be okay at 22", but anything much bigger looks crappy (you wouldn't have a 32" monitor at 1366x768 lol!)

Depends on if it's native and how far away you are from the television.

Depends on if it's native and how far away you are from the television.

Most LCD TVs are either 720p or 1080p. Such resolutions suck balls for a PC when you are at 32"/42" (respectively) screen size in my opinion. If you need big icons and stuff for media centre, then, maybe ... but otherwise, not ideal as far as I am concerned. I would only use one for MCE.