Bios Checksum Error

A few weeks ago I decided to install a tv-tuner card and when I went to reboot I got a BIOS Checksum error. I have an ASUS board, so it bugged me to put in a CD or Floppy to reflash with. I put in a floppy, but it wouldn't flash, it wouldn't go past " Reading ******.ROM". After much fiddling with resetting the CMOS and such, I decided that my only option was to buy a new BIOS chip. I got that the other day, and it seemed to work with everything stripped down, so I put everything back together, including the tv-tune.r. I turned it on again and got another BIOS Checksum error. This chip does let me flash the BIOS again, and it boots after I flash, but if I reboot the PC again after that it always goes back to a BIOS Checksum error. I have no clue what this problem could be. My CMOS battery is alright, I've cleared the CMOS, although I haven't tried it over night. I don't think it's the RAM. Anyone have any clue what it could be? By the way, the board is a ASUS K8V SE Deluxe. Thanks for any help guys.