Overclocking 9800 Gx2

Ramm

Im no longer on the Abit but an X48-DQ6 and with the CPU at 3.6 I fall just shy of 19k. At that point the CPU is still the limiting factor. At the stock 2.66 on the CPU I'm at 15200. Pretty much the same on both cards. I need to hook up the 9770 and play at 4.3GHz to get well over 20k methinks.

Hows the LG Blue Ray drive working for you as a side note

Im no longer on the Abit but an X48-DQ6 and with the CPU at 3.6 I fall just shy of 19k. At that point the CPU is still the limiting factor. At the stock 2.66 on the CPU I'm at 15200. Pretty much the same on both cards. I need to hook up the 9770 and play at 4.3GHz to get well over 20k methinks.

Hows the LG Blue Ray drive working for you as a side note

Yeah that sounds about right - the 20k breaking point for me is around 3.8, so your experience bears out. I just wonder why he's having such trouble getting over 16k at that speed.

The H20 is a great drive - not the fastest for DAE, but the value of being able to play all my HD-DVDs as well as Blu-Ray is great. It's also damn quiet doing both, which was a key factor for me since I was using it in a dual purpose HTPC rig. Write quality is quite good as well - so much so in fact that I finally retired my old plextor, which up until now was unbeatable in terms of overall write quality, PIF errors, etc.