Black Or Normal? Amd 6400.

Yeah, I like this one because its only like 16DB! But the artic is 30 odd i think, thats why I didnt add it to the list also the zalman 9700 is also loud thats why i didnt add it i want my pc to be near silent.

the Zalman line is not loud by any means....

I have 6 of them all ranging from the 8700 series to the 9500/9700 series and I havent had a single case yet where they need to be over 1/2 fan speed...

they cool just as well on silent as they do full roar....

I have them on my AMD rigs as well as my Intel rig....

the video fan is louder is all cases....

they are worth the money if you wish to spend that much....and by all means use the fan mate...I do...

Well basically I have on my shopping list is:

AMD Athlon x2 6400 + CL-R0023 / Akasa AK-921 + Thermaltake A2017 Smart Fan if I can afford it.

ATI Sapphire HD 4850 + Thermaltake DuOrb (Stock cooling is crap & noisy)

850Watt Modular PSU

3 x Thermaltake A2450 120mm (2 Intake, 1 Out)

1 x Thermaltake A2453 80mm (Out)

Thermaltake HDD Cooler + Mounting for 51/4.

Fan Grills, Screws and that type of stuff.

Ive probably missed out a few things, but as you see its gunna cost alot. I will post a guid on how to fit 120mm fans on the case side if the case side is metal (That should be fun.)

But yeah, everything is falling into place.

well....

I try to get by with as few fans as possible for noise control....

it's not about having many fans as it is putting them in the right place...

I try to use 2 intake fans be it 90mm or 120mm and use the PSU as exhaust as maybe another rear fan for exhaust if it's needed ( most times it's not)

you always want airflow around the Video card and hard drives...I prefer 2 in the side panel down low...I try to keep the tops of the fans even with the video card and put the hard drive about the same level or lower then the video card....

If I can do it I will put a 120mm fan in the front panel even with the hard drives just to keep cool air pushing....

I prefer to pull the cool in from the lower and push the hot air up and out....

I have never had any luck with a top vent fan either...in every case i have tried it... it either made the case air flow funny or make a dead spot around the PSU and spike the temps in the PSU....

my latest case I modded 2x92mm fans in the floor right under the hard drives...;)

for a hard drive I would look at the Spinpoint F1 series or a WD640 AAKS they are fast and a good price....

Lol, I dont see anywhere showing that im buying a hard drive, but ill have 2 120mm fans on the side of the case just above the little grill which comes with it which will blow on the bottom of the mobo and one 120mm on the top of the case as exhaust along with the psu and 80mm which on the back.

I also forgot to point out ill be buying liner stuff the sides to reduce noise